Have you spent thousands of pounds on a Joomla website, only to realise that you’re the only person who visits it?
Joomla is a great CMS that allows you to easily update your businesses website in a matter of minutes, but what’s the point of it all if no one else can find it?
We all know that getting a website to rank in Google can be a lot of hard work, but in today’s video – I’m going to show you some easy wins you can implement on your website right away to ensure you’re getting the most out of what you have.
Check it out:
If you don’t have time to watch the video, here’s a short summery:
- Ensure your Joomla website can be indexed by Google by going to System > Global Configuration, scroll down to where it says “Robots” & make sure that the drop down box says “Index, Follow”.
- Submit your website to the Google Search Console & submit your sitemap.
- Ensure your robots.txt file isn’t blocking access to any of your pages.
- Submit new pages to Google through the Google Search Console
- Ensure you don’t have issues with canonicalisation.
- Bonus Tip: Find keywords your competitors are getting traffic from by putting their URL into Ubersuggest and optimise your website around them.
I hope you found this Joomla SEO guide helpful, please make sure to share it across your social media profiles if you did.
Need help with your Joomla SEO?
Are you looking for an SEO company in Colchester to help you with your Joomla SEO? We can help you rank higher in Google and generate more leads for your business. Call us today on 01206864441 for a free quote.